Thursday, March 28, 2013

Wednesday & Thursday

ELA - We continued reading Messenger and working on analyzing the literary elements. 

Math - I have given two formative assessments on measurement this week (customary & metric) and several students (7 yesterday and 10 today) still did not have the basic concepts and conversions down.  I can not keep reteaching measurements since I have to move on to volume.  I could keep going on; however, it's the end of the year and students know that they are the ones who are ultimately responsible for their learning.

Social Studies - Students have been working on their WWII projects and I've been teaching about the "Cold" War.  So far we have covered the Cuban Missile Crisis, the Berlin Wall, the Korean War, and the Vietnam War.  Since we've covered so much this week, next week we will analyze the cultural effects of what happened during this time period.


No comments:

Post a Comment