Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Tuesday, August 16th

During Reading I students read silently while I continued to administer the DRAs (Developmental Reading Assessment).  At this pace, I should be done by the end of the week.  I will use the DRAs along with students' MAP scores when I plan lessons, activities, and assessments.  


We continued our work with genetics by discussing traits during Science.  Students filled out individual and group surveys about various traits and they completed a bar graph that compiled the data.


During Math we went over double line graphs in detail.  I talked about the different components of graphs and how they should look (organized, neat, etc...) and we constructed a double-bar graph after analyzing two sets of data.  We didn't completely finish it so we'll wrap this up tomorrow.


During Writing we continued to read Minn & Jake and students continued to practice making detailed responses to literature.


Announcements
-I was able to meet many parents during Curriculum Night and it was great.  If you would like to stop by during the day and sit in during class just let me know the date and time.  
-I am still collecting the forms that went home Monday night.  
-I posted a "Wants & Needs" list in the classroom.  I'll post an electronic version in the blog tomorrow.
-I will be putting together a classroom newsletter.  If you would like to receive it, please send your email address to me at cblack@csdecatur.net

No comments:

Post a Comment