Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Fall Break Conferences

I am contemplating having informal parent/teacher/student conferences at Starbucks during the fall break (September 12-16).  The purpose of the meeting would be to:

  • get some feedback from parents 
  • discuss the theme and expectations for term 2
  • discuss my observations  (academic & behavioral)
  • talk with students to set goals and have a solution-based discussion about behavior (if applicable)
The overall tone of the meetings would be more informal since they will not be in the classroom and I won't have access to student work. 


I understand that some families may be going out of town but I wanted to put the idea out there. If there is a positive response, I can start scheduling meeting days & times.  Please leave a comment on this post if this is something you and your family would like.

1 comment:

  1. The Gibson Family thinks this is a great idea. We can make it any dates.

    ReplyDelete