Friday, August 26, 2011

Friday, August 27th

Social Studies/Writing -- Students continued to work in groups to summarize the Bill of Rights.  I will take each group's summary and make a study sheet which I will send home on Monday.  The quiz on the Bill of Rights will be on Wednesday.

Math -- I gave a formative* assessment on line, bar, and circle graphs.  Based on my initial observations I am going to re-teach about circle graphs on Monday.


Reading -- We had our library visit today.  Students read, checked out books, and several took AR tests.

Science -- Students reviewed and took a genetics quiz (summative).


*Formative assessments are not graded.  They are given to assess student learning so things can be re-taught (if necessary).  Summative assessments are graded and they are typically given at the end of a term after students have completed several formative assessments.

Announcements:  Some students have had some issues with self-control and respect (for each other).  If you get a chance, please talk with your child about personal responsibility.  I have been discussing "solution-based problem solving" in the class and I will continue to do so until the class is working as a cohesive unit.  Lastly, I haven't talked to all parents yet; however, I will start making calls home to address the behavior of some students.

It's been a long week.... have a good weekend...

No comments:

Post a Comment