Friday, October 24, 2014

Friday, October 24th

We had a productive day today.  Students worked on their informational papers, took the vocabulary quiz, and added onto their sharecropping notes.  
On Monday students are going to continue working on their informational papers and I wanted to invite parents again to help.  Two parents came during my homeroom's writing time and that was extremely helpful.  I didn't have any parents from Ms. McFaddin's homeroom, and I was only able to conference with four students. 

It would be helpful to have two parents come during the 8:15am-9:00am time slot and one parent come during the 9:45am-10:30am time slot.  Please email me if you can help.

Homework:  I will not be giving homework during the week next week since I want students to use that time to work on their informational papers.  I also advised some students to work on their papers over the weekend.  I'm aware that many have weekday activities so getting some of the work done over the weekend would be wise.

My former student, Will, stopped by and answered some questions as part of his 8th grade experience.  One asked if the teachers at Renfroe were as mean as me.  Will just smiled... : )

No comments:

Post a Comment