Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Wednesday, August 28th

I gave students a short quiz on prepositional phrases and perfect verb tenses.  I'll conduct an in-class review and reassess them one more time on those grammar concepts before the end of the term.  We read an informational excerpt about the building of the Panama Canal and students practiced finding facts, summarizing, and quoting text.  My homeroom  had time to work on their writing and Ms. McFaddin's homeroom will have extra time tomorrow to work on their writing.

The informational essay is due Friday; however, I'll allow students who need a little extra time to finalize their essay over the weekend.  I advise against this though...who wants to do homework over a holiday weekend?

Yesterday I was in UOI/Term 2 planning all day and students had a short introduction on the economic concepts of supply and demand.  Additionally, they worked on their essays and completed a grammar worksheet that covered prepositional phrases and perfect verb tenses.

A note about parent visits
A parent visited to help out during a lesson today and it was great!  The students greatly benefit and I think it reinforces the great sense of community we have at F.AVE.  If you would like to pop in for a visit, help with one of my lessons, or teach your own lesson please let me know.  

No comments:

Post a Comment