Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Tuesday, August 5th

Today we started with our daily grammar mini-lesson.  I explained to the students why we start with that activity and we corrected the work we did.  We used our ELA notebooks to take notes about narratives.  I let students discuss with their table groups what they remembered about narratives and then I wrote down what they came up with. Pictures of the notes are included below to show what each class thought of.

We continued by discussing our agreements about reading The Giver and started the first chapter.  We then moved on to the writing diagnostic.  I explained to the students how I use the diagnostic to help customize my writing lessons.  I gave students 20 minutes to write and I will look over their paragraphs over the next few days.  We concluded our day with the Rights and Responsibilities Inquiry lesson.


McFaddin's Notes


Black's Notes

 Writing Diagnostic

Rights & Responsibilities Inquiry

No comments:

Post a Comment