Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Tuesday, November 27th

ELA - We read and discussed The Gathering Blue.  We discussed the tone, setting, and characters of the book.  Additionally, we compared it to The Giver and noted some interesting similarities and differences.

Social Studies - We watched the Trail of Tears BrainPop video again so students could complete that section of their Native American's packet.

Math - We reviewed adding and subtracting fractions with unlike denominators.

Homework:  I sent home a multiplication worksheet today (for select students) and students will start having regular fact-practice homework until I see a significant, class-wide improvement.
ClassDojo
I introduced a new classroom management tool today and students seem to be really excited about it.  I sent home student codes and I can already see that several logged in and created accounts.  I'll be sending home parent codes tomorrow so parents can log on and see their child's daily behavior.

No comments:

Post a Comment