Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Monday, November 5th

ELA - We continued to discuss the guidelines for narrative writing and we read/discussed another chapter of The Giver.  Lastly, guided reading will start on Wednesday and we discussed the work and behavior expectations.

Math - This term Mrs. Washington and I have divided the class into two groups based on the Pre-Test performance.  We both discussed fractions basics and my group used clocks to create equivalent fractions.

Social Studies - I read a book about George Washington Carver and students practiced taking notes from a verbal source.  


A Note about Assessments & the Standards
This term I'm going to give smaller and more frequent assessments.  It was overwhelming for students to take, and for me to grade, the long, multi-format assessments.  For example, I'm grading the student's notes that they took on George Washington Carver since that is one of the standards this term (summarizing information in notes).

Parents can download the standards from my document list on the right.  Also I'll send home a copy of the standards we are covering this term tomorrow.  If you have any questions contact me, and if you have any expertise in any of the standards, let me know if you have any activity suggestions.

No comments:

Post a Comment