Monday, October 3, 2016

T2W3

Unit of Inquiry:  Who We Are
Central Idea: Who we are, where we live, and what we believe influences our viewpoints.

Remember....Picture Day is tomorrow!



Vocabulary Homework:  Students can find the definitions and study the words at SpellingCity.  Students can login with their lunch numbers and their last names are their passwords.  I will have everyone sign in on Tuesday to make sure the logins work.  

ELA Learning Targets:   
can use the writing process to improve and organize my writing.
I can include factual details and clear ideas within my writing.
I can write a logical and grammatically correct informational paragraph.
I can determine the main idea and supporting details in a text.
I can summarize a piece of informational text.
I can explain relationships between events & ideas & or procedures from an informational text.



This week we are focusing on understanding the fundamental elements of a five-paragraph essay.  Next week students will begin working on their term 2 summative essay.


Math Learning Targets:
I can use mental strategies to multiply large whole numbers.
I can connect visual models to the standard multiplication algorithm.


Students will continue practicing multi-digit multiplication with whole and decimal numbers.

Science Learning Targets:
I can relate how microorganisms can be beneficial and harmful.
I can identify and understand the function of cell parts.


Students are working on their Harmful Microorganisms Wanted posters this week. Additionally, they will be learning about the function of plant and animal cell parts.

Social Studies Learning Targets:
I can inquire into how conflicts and issues cause change.
I can understand and discuss the causes of the Civil War.


Students will be working on learning about Civil War battles and leaders.

No comments:

Post a Comment