Sunday, September 25, 2016

T2W2

Unit of Inquiry:  Who We Are
Central Idea:  Who we are, where we live, and what we believe influences our viewpoints.

ELA (Reading & Writing) learning targets:  can use the writing process to improve and organize my writing. I can include factual details and clear ideas within my writing. I can write a logical and grammatically correct informational paragraph. I can determine the main idea and supporting details in a text. I can summarize a piece of informational text. I can explain relationships between events & ideas & or procedures from an informational text.
We are going to finish The Giver this week. Students are going to learn about the characteristics of dystopian novels and analyze the overarching themes of the book.

Math learning targets:  I can use mental strategies to multiply large whole numbers. I can connect visual models to the standard multiplication algorithm.
This week students are going to continue learning strategies for multiplying large whole numbers.
Homework: T2W2 Homework

Science learning target:  I can relate how microorganisms can be beneficial and harmful.
Students are going to continue collecting data on their potatoes. Hopefully we will see some microorganism growth! Students are also going to complete several activities this week that will help broaden their understandings about microorganisms.

Social Studies learning targets: I can inquire into how conflicts and issues cause change.
I can understand and discuss the causes of the Civil War.
We are going to continue learning about people and events that pushed the U.S. towards war.


Genius Hour Presentations
Students presented their independent "How We Organize Ourselves" projects.







No comments:

Post a Comment