Sunday, August 28, 2016

T1W5

Central Idea:   Processes and procedures create structures that develop order in our world.

Math -  I can add, subtract, multiply, and divide decimals using a variety of methods.
Homework: T1W5 Homework
Videos: Lesson 10, Lesson 11, Lesson 12, Adding Decimals, Subtracting Decimals
Review Concept:  Place Value of Decimals


ELA -  I can use the writing process to improve my writing. I can quote accurately from a fiction text to support my thinking.
This week we are going to continue reading The Giver and use it to work on comprehension and understanding theme. Students will begin writing their term 1 narratives this week. They will receive their organization documents and work through the writing process for the remainder of the term. Students will also have new vocabulary this week. They will receive a list of words to study at home; however, they won't have the sentences as part of their homework. We will complete the sentences and other review activities in class during the week.

Social Studies - I can understand the rights and responsibilities of a U.S. citizen. I can understand and discuss the causes of the Civil War.
Students will learn more about the attitudes regarding women's suffrage and we will begin to cover the lead up to the Civil War.

Science - I can classify living things.  I can understand plant structures and how they work.
Students will complete their celery lab and continue learning about how to organize living things.

No comments:

Post a Comment