Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Tuesday, February 3rd

Today students continued working on their Great Depression informational papers.  They also finished their Franklin Roosevelt reading comprehension questions.  The second flex group is a little bit ahead so they began the final Great Depression lesson.  During this lesson we will review the causes/effects of the Great Depression, discuss the role of Eleanor Roosevelt, and learn about the lead up to WWII.  

The informational paper is due this Friday and I'll be giving students time each day to work on it.  Tomorrow I'm expecting them to work on their rough drafts and on Thursday students will conduct peer reviews and revise.  On Friday they will type their essays and submit them via Edmodo.

Lastly, students received their Pennies for Patients collection boxes yesterday.   During my homeroom's class meeting time, I briefly shared my survivor story and encouraged them to do what they can.  I'm not concerned about winning; however, I wanted students to know that I am still alive today because of the work that the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society does.  So....if they ask you for money, that's why.  : )

Homework:  Great Depression packet (the crossword puzzle, and FDR Fireside Chat questions are optional), Math worksheet, SumDug

No comments:

Post a Comment