Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Tuesday, September 2nd

ELA - We began with our daily grammar lesson and I passed out this week's homework.  Students began their summative narrative essays today with topic selection and brainstorming.  I taught them the brainstorming method called "Puke on Paper".  After my vivid description and modeling of the method, students selected their topics and completed their own Puke on Paper session.  

I let students pick my topics and then I modeled how Puke on Paper can look

SS - We reviewed the amendment change process and discussed the reasons why citizens would want to add an amendment to the U.S. Constitution.  Students worked in groups to analyze three current amendments and three others that were never fully ratified.  I'll be reassessing students who earned 1s and 2s on the assessment this Friday.  I gave those students a study guide and I updated the Bill of Rights quizlet site to include the amendment change process information. 

Homework:  
ELA/SS homework is due on Thursday
Study for the social studies re-test on Friday
Read for 30 minutes each day

**FYI, I had a few parents ask about vocabulary homework.   Students in my class will do vocabulary approximately every other week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment