Saturday, February 8, 2014

Valentine's Day

Valentine's Day is next Friday and I sent home a list of both homerooms.  In the past, given my middle school background, I have overlooked Valentine's day completely.  However this year, I am going to provide brown paper bags and decorating materials (sharpies and stickers) for students to exchange Valentines.  

The rules for participation are as follows:
1.  Participation is OPTIONAL.  You don't HAVE to buy valentines for anyone. 

2.  If students participate, they must get valentines for all of the students in their homeroom.  

3.  Giving valentines to individual friends in the other homeroom is optional. So if students want to give valentines to just a few friends in the other homeroom, that's fine.  I don't want parents to feel, or be told, that they have to buy 52 valentines.

4.  I tried to write down all of the nicknames on the name sheet; however, students pointed out that there were a few I overlooked.  That being said, students should know each other by now.  : )

Please let me know if you have any questions.  

No comments:

Post a Comment