Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Tuesday, February 25th

During the morning class, since today is their short day, we focused on finishing Gathering Blue.  They voted to read during lunch in the classroom and at the end of the day.  Unfortunately, we didn't finish; however, we only have about ten pages left.  I will finish the book with them first thing in the morning before I go to UOI planning.

The afternoon class also read from Gathering Blue; however, since they were further behind the morning class we still have another day or two before we finish the book.  We  finished the WWII Causes BrainPop video and students continued adding to their vocabulary notes.  As some already know, I used to live in Hawaii, and I have also been to the Pearl Harbor Memorial several times.  The last time I was there I purchased the national park service video along with a few other primary source documents.  We watched that video in class so students could understand the historical details of what happened on the day Pearl Harbor was bombed.  

On Thursday I'll get each class caught up with the other and we'll also review the inquiry results.  


This is what I expect for students to COMPLETE on Wednesday, February 26th while I'm at UOI training: 

No comments:

Post a Comment