Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Tuesday, August 14th

ELA -- We read a section of the Social Studies text about the United States right before the Civil War.  Students found the main idea and supporting details within the text and practiced taking "T-Chart" style notes.

Math -- Students learned how to use mental math to solve multiplication problems using the power of 10.  Based on student responses to the lesson I will be starting fact practice and multiplication speed tests soon.  Students are expected to know their multiplication facts (1-12) upon entering middle school so I will do my best to make sure my students are not counting on their fingers to calculate basic multiplication problems.

Science -- We finished setting up our bread mold lab.  Students chose from a variety of variable materials and we will be observing our science experiments over the next week.

I sent home the MAP schedule today; fortunately, ours is at the end of the day.  I will be contacting parents this week via email to confirm a preset or set up a parent/teacher/student conference.  Please let me know if you have any questions.  


No comments:

Post a Comment