Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Tuesday, May 8th

Social Studies -- Students began taking notes for their Presidential Pages project.  Students took notes on the last 6 U.S. presidents and we had a lively student-initiated discussion regarding politics, elections, healthcare, religion, and international policy.  I also talked about how they need to be aware of information they get from others (including teachers).  I warned them that some teachers may present their own opinion as fact but that if I chose to share my personal views, I would clearly state that I was sharing an opinion.  We will be gathering information over the next few days and students will begin assembling their projects next Monday.


Students also had Spanish and Art today (we switched with Ms. Holden's class because of the Renfroe field trip).  During Math Mania I introduced another 6th grade Math standard:  graphing linear equations.  









No comments:

Post a Comment