Friday, September 4, 2015

Students continued working on their memoirs today and they completed a grammar check-in on Edmodo.  We concluded our time together by working on the study guide for next week's social studies assessments.  I've attached a link on the sidebar if parents would like to print an additional copy at home.  This study guide is their homework for next week and the assessment is on Wednesday, September 9th.

Study Guide Class Discussion Notes 

Team Building
Today my homeroom worked on a team building exercise.  They had to do this because while I was at planning yesterday, a majority of students decided to not follow behavior expectations in and outside of the classroom.  Additionally, the work I left was not completed with the precision that I taught them to use.  

That being said, I have no tolerance for individuals taking advantage of my absence.  I understand that some students are not used to the level of structure; however, we are almost done with the first term so there shouldn't be any confusion about what's required at school.  A few individuals were behaving and, in the future, I hope they can be the leaders who remind their peers to be principled and stick to the agreements.

No comments:

Post a Comment