Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Tuesday, April 2nd

ELA - We read/discussed the Messenger and we will finish the book tomorrow.

Math - Students who scored 240 or higher on the Math MAP and who have a firm grasp on this term's content were given an extension activity.  Mrs. Washington and I split the remainder of the class into two groups and conducted reviews of the content.  The math assessment is on Thursday.  Students (except for the extension group) have a review packet to complete as homework and we'll go over it tomorrow.

Social Studies - Students watched and took notes on a video of McCarthyism.  Then they worked on their Cold War study guides.  The Cold War assessment is on Thursday.



Term 5 Assessment Schedule
Cold War Assessment - Thursday, April 4th (in class)
Math Assessment - Thursday, April 4th (in class)
UOI Social Studies Narrative - Friday, April 5th (in class)
Memoir- Due Friday, April 5th

    _____     _____     ______
I have observed that several of students are "dating" other 5th grade students and others have been distracted because they are too busy gossiping, flirting and being absorbed with social entanglements.  

While I understand that this is a part of growing up, I personally feel that they are all too young for this - especially when it occurs during my instruction time.  Since they are not my personal offspring I can't do anything besides lovingly discourage what I see as age-inappropriate behavior.  However, I can provide some information to parents if they need some evidence that "dating" at this age should not be allowed.  

 _____     _____     ______

Secret Question:  Ms. Black says she has 5 boxes that each have a volume of 80 cubic meters.  Is she lying?  Justify your answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment