Monday, January 23, 2012

Monday, January 23rd

Math -- We reviewed radius and diameter and discussed the requirements of this week's homework.  I included some level 4 work in this week's homework for an additional challenge for my advanced students.

ELA -- Mrs. Bowden finished her noun lesson and I gave a formative assessment on nouns. We also went over this week's vocabulary words.

Social Studies -- We had a BrainPop marathon on the Great Depression, the New Deal, and Theodore Roosevelt.  We went over the notes in-depth and had short discussions on the political, social, and economic situations going on at that time.  Students have a WWI take home quiz in this week's homework and they are to use their class notes and last week's homework to complete it.  

Science -- We watched a BrainPop video on the States of Matter and students completed a worksheet in their homework.


Everyone in the school is raising money for the American Lymphoma Society.  I will match the LOWEST contribution... meaning that if everyone contributes (or shares their contribution) my donation will be higher.  Additionally, if we come in 2nd or 3rd place, I will buy the class donuts.  If we come in FIRST I will buy the class donuts AND pizza.  
On a personal note, I am a Hodgkin's Disease survivor (it is a type of lymphoma) so I would be very touched and pleased if my students made a good effort towards this worthy cause.  Thank You!

No comments:

Post a Comment