Sunday, September 25, 2011

Parent/Teacher Conference Times

This week I had several parents drop in unannounced for conferences.  Since I never expressed any guidelines about drop-ins I will clarify things now.


I will not meet with a parent unless he/she has a scheduled and confirmed conference.  If you are in the building and want to pop in to say hello that is perfectly fine.  However, as a teacher, there is no "free time" in my day.  I have worked in a number of other professions and teaching, by far, is the most time-consuming and the one that requires the most preparation.


When a parent stops by unannounced and expects to talk I am not prepared to discuss their concerns and I am distracted from doing what I need to do for ALL of my students.  


The revised conference times are listed on the sidebar.  If you would like a conference time, please email me.  Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment